Driven by character, excellence, and service, Center City PCS seeks to:
- Foster a community of lifelong learners;
- Graduate students ready to go to and through college; and
- Prepare our alumni to serve and lead others in the 21st century.
Center City PCS teaches a broad liberal arts and humanities curriculum to students in PreKindergarten-Eighth Grade. We believe, teach, and live Character, Excellence, and Service. We commit to the intellectual, physical, moral and emotional well-being of each scholar and believe every child can learn, lead and serve. Center City PCS’s academic model is built in a disciplined environment that encourages students to strive for excellence in education and their community.
For Scholars WE OFFER:
- Opportunities to learn in new ways. Center City PCS’s curricula are hands-on and taught in small groups. There are no back rows.
- Rigorous instruction so each student can realize his/her full potential.
- Character education and opportunities to engage in community service.
- Preparation for high school and beyond.
- A wide variety of enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities, including art, music, dance, STEM, physical education, foreign language, and health.
- Opportunities to perform intellectually, artistically and physically with spelling bees, science fairs, art exhibits and athletic tournaments.
For Parents WE PROVIDE:
- A safe, nurturing, small school where students don’t fall through the cracks.
- A rigorous academic program that prepares students for competitive high schools.
- Guided support with the high school placement process.
- Regular information from your child’s teachers and principal.
- Opportunities to serve and contribute to your child’s class, campus, and the entire Center City community.
For more information about Center City programs, see the Center City Annual Report .
The first day of school for students is August 29.
DC Youth Ages 3 and up are Now Eligible to be Vaccinated
Children 3 and up are now eligible to get vaccinated. The vaccine is safe and lowers the chance of children getting and spreading COVID-19.
We continue to work diligently to ensure our students and staff can learn in a safe environment.